Like any other organisation, the Agora Group also influences the climate by emissions of greenhouse gases created as a result of direct activities, such as burning fossil fuels, generating waste and producing, among others: press, books and advertising.
Given the specific nature of our activities and the industry, we have defined the main areas of direct impact on the climate. These include:
- consumption of non-renewable energy;
- water consumption;
- waste and sewage production;
- waste and secondary raw materials management.
Actions we take to protect the environment:
- investments in renewable energy sources (RES);
- limitation of waste and sewage production;
- reducing water consumption.
As a result of the preliminary analyzes, risks for the development, results and situation of the company resulting from climate change were identified. Agora takes into account the risks associated with its activities, mainly in the printing business, cinema, catering, outdoor advertising and administrative activities. The main risks are:
- operational risk related to current operations and negative environmental impact;
- higher costs of running a business due to an increase in the prices of raw materials;
- regulatory risk related to adjusting operations to regulations aimed at counteracting global climate change.